Re: [SLE] Re: Meta-discussion on the IP issues of GPUs and 3D -- 90+% of the Linux community is too ignorant for legal issues
  • From: Alvaro Kuolas <kuolas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 12:20:12 -0300
Orn E. Hansen wrote:

> This battle started, the very day M$ screwed up IBM, and they've been
> fighting to bury Unix ever since even by "taking" code from it, as well Linux
> code. And as I stated earlier, the biggest idiocy the Linux community ever
> did, was to embrace "Linux" instead of BSD, which they should have. As the
> Linux code has a very questionable "Xenix" origin, which is basically a
> MicroSoft/SCO original product.

This is "the biggest idiocy" ever. If Linux were licensed with the BSD,
even Microsoft will be using It! as they do with their infamous "BSD
TCP/IP Stack" or their BSD servers on Hotmail (I know they were there
before Microsoft bought Hotmail, but they still are there!)

BSD is like free source code for nothing to the enterprises, I just love
the "virulence" of the GNU GPL, it's great.