Re: [SLE] Re: Meta-discussion on the IP issues of GPUs and 3D -- 90+% of the Linux community is too ignorant for legal issues
  • From: "Orn E. Hansen" <orn_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 19:45:35 +0200
Sunnudaginn 28 maí 2006 17:20 skrifaði Alvaro Kuolas:
> This is "the biggest idiocy" ever. If Linux were licensed with the BSD,
> even Microsoft will be using It! as they do with their infamous "BSD
> TCP/IP Stack" or their BSD servers on Hotmail (I know they were there
> before Microsoft bought Hotmail, but they still are there!)
>
> BSD is like free source code for nothing to the enterprises, I just love
> the "virulence" of the GNU GPL, it's great.

GPL is not Linux specific, and I don't see that stopping anyone. If it came
down to it, who do you think is going to take the fall ... some poor smuck,
who can't afford his pants, or the big corporations? It'll always come down
to politics, no matter what, and the winning arguement in politics is and
always will be "it's gonna cost jobs". The world is full of rip off stories,
and con stories ... and even the GPL is now being "addressed" as non-valid.

< Previous Next >