Re: [SLE] Re: Meta-discussion on the IP issues of GPUs and 3D -- 90+% of the Linux community is too ignorant for legal issues
  • From: "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 11:03:10 -0400
On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 18:17 +0200, Orn E. Hansen wrote:
> I agree that both are the bad guys, but I'd be careful stating who is the
> bigger bad guy today. MicroSoft is known to be extremely shrewd, and IBM has
> done a lot of blunders for the past 20 years.

Blunders with MS. But who has more IP and has knocked off more
companies? You might be surprised!

IBM is playing a game with the Linux world, and we've already seen some
very _good_ Linux players killed.

> I'm not familiar with the Caldera case,

Nah, really? FUD machine man, FUD machine.

Bryan J. Smith Professional, technical annoyance
Americans don't get upset because citizens in some foreign
nations can burn the American flag -- Americans get upset
because citizens in those same nations can't burn their own

< Previous Next >