Re: [SLE] Re: Meta-discussion on the IP issues of GPUs and 3D -- 90+% of the Linux community is too ignorant for legal issues
  • From: "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 11:03:10 -0400
On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 18:17 +0200, Orn E. Hansen wrote:
> I agree that both are the bad guys, but I'd be careful stating who is the
> bigger bad guy today. MicroSoft is known to be extremely shrewd, and IBM has
> done a lot of blunders for the past 20 years.

Blunders with MS. But who has more IP and has knocked off more
companies? You might be surprised!

IBM is playing a game with the Linux world, and we've already seen some
very _good_ Linux players killed.

> I'm not familiar with the Caldera case,

Nah, really? FUD machine man, FUD machine.

--
Bryan J. Smith Professional, technical annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx http://thebs413.blogspot.com

< Previous Next >