Re: [opensuse] Re: packagemanagement in 10.1
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 19:20:40 +0200
Op zaterdag 27 mei 2006 19:07, schreef houghi:
> E.g. Yast Online Update was able
>
> > to do this till SUSE 10.0 and it was easy to create a personalized patch
> > CD. It would save bandwidth an time (and lots of my nerves) if it was
> > possible to store the packages and repository data on my HD.  Can
> > anybody give me a hint if it is possible?
>
> This would also be nice not only for updates, but RPM's in general. e.g. I
> can download MPlayer and all that is needed into /usr/src/packages/RPMS/*
> and can use that as a base for other machines (or whatever)

I guess all pkg mgr will store their downloaded rpms. APT does this
in /var/cache/apt/archives, yast and samrt will do this somewhere else.
Those archives can be used for other machines as well. In my
case /var/cache/apt/archives is nfs mounted to different machines and as
such the cache is shared among different machine automatically. It would be
nice if all pkg managers would use the same cache.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless

< Previous Next >