Re: [opensuse] Package management seems highly messed up
  • From: "Azerion Fasco" <azerion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 04:52:00 +0200
2006/5/24, Bruce A. Mallett <bam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

My mistake perhaps, but I added a repository to the sources list and now
I get a signature check every time I open the software manager.

Fortunately it offers me a "Do not show this message again" check box.
- Unfortunately it ignores it and continues to show me that message
again each time I run it.

To fix this I disabled all but the original installation DVD using
"Installation Source".
- But I still get the Signature check message anyway. Along with the
"Do not show this message again" option. :)

Is this still not fixed? Maybe they are trying to get all the other problems
out of ZEN (automatic type-detection?). Anyway, Watcher was my friend and he
did a good job. Fast and without eating my resources, the replacement is,
sorry have to say, crap. I hope this will be fixed soon :(

I even tried VectorLinux for a while cause my old PC barely can run SUSE
10.1. But then it only shows me that SUSE is a great distribution! So I ran
back as fast as I could and now I am running SUSE again (with Xgl and
compiz, at 733mhz all going so well). Ther candy is great, but the
management......so buggy (but so much better allready then in RC1!).....

Package-management and related: -8
Improved Desktop Experience: +8 (Xgl is so slick and even usefull)
Style of 10.1: +9

I hope that the package-management bugs will be fixed in a short time and
that OpenSUSE can put in a super-version at the time that Vista comes out
(end 2006/begin 2007).