Re: [opensuse] PackMan packages for SUSE Linux 10.1 are ready
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:57:30 +0200
On Wednesday 17 May 2006 18:22, Peter Czanik wrote:
> Hello,
> For obvious reasons, I could not sign it with SUSE private keys, so the
> installer complains, but installs these packages.

You can sign with your own private key and provide the public key in the repo.
YaST/zypp will find the key and ask you if you want to trust it. If you say
yes, the key is imported in the rpm keyring.

Next time YaST/zypp read the source, it reads rpm database and consider all
keys in rpm keyring as trusted so it ask you nothing.

Once a key is in the rpm database, it makes no difference if it is from SUSE
or a private repo key. The SUSE one is the _first_ one that is trusted, as it
is there since the installation.

Duncan