packagemanagement in 10.1
  • From: "Kyek, Andreas, VF-DE" <A.Kyek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:05:33 +0200
Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the packagemanagement in 10.1.

AFAIK there is yast, smart and apt. smart shall be the
successor of apt, which will (AFAIK) be supported last
time with 10.1

What about smart? Is smart the upcoming tool in 10.x or
is it yast (with this migrated software for software
management where I read something somewhere about?)

Can someone clarify that or tell me a link, where I can
read something about that?

Thanks in advance

Andreas
(who switched from apt to smart with his 10.0 and is now
wondering where to switch again!)