Re: [opensuse] Registration in 10.1
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 11:48:39 +0200 (CEST)
On Sat, 13 May 2006, Matt Bottrell wrote:

> I personally don't like the collection of any information. Though it
> doesn't stress me.
>
> Here in Australia there isn't a decent mirror to use (the ones listed on
> the opensuse.org site are dreadfully behind and are never updated). As
> such I manually select one that is fresh.
>
> If a user has been smart enough to move away from Windows to run Linux
> as their desktop -- they are smart enough to figure out what mirror to
> use...

Actually, users should wast their time, looking for a mirror. They should
just use download.openSUSE.org, which figures out what mirror to use ;)

[download.opensuse.org by the way has seen more than 3 million hits within
the last 48 hours -- hits in terms of directory listings and mostly
redirects to our mirrors.]

Regards
Christoph

< Previous Next >