Re: [opensuse] Problems with sound on OpenSuSE 10.0
  • From: "Low Kian Seong" <low.suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 23:18:10 -0700
Dear Carl and all,

Two questions :

1. Correct me if I am wrong, isn't packman for non supported and unstable
packages ? This is for my office's desktop machines, so stability is a must.

2. After adding the sources what is next as in what packages do I install ?

On 5/8/06, Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 00:54, Low Kian Seong wrote:
> Attached is a copy of my installation sources. Thanks.

Hi again Low Kian Seong,

You might want to add the following installation sources:

many 'third party' multimedia packages:
visit http://packman.links2linux.com/
YaST installation source:
http://packman.rsync.zmi.at/suse/10.0

more 'third party' packages by suser-guru:
visit http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/index.php
YaST installation source:
http://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/rpm/10.0/

regards,