RE: [SLE] Do you buy the boxed set this time around?
  • From: lerninlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 04:17:17 +0000

As you get some propietary software with the boxed set, normally. I would if they did what TurboLinux did a while back, get a licensed dvd player! As it's normally only incrementally better, I tend to wait at least two versions to "upgrade". If I get a new system (another toy), then I may download and try it and see if it's really better. But I am just happy to have a normal functioning base system, because I still get "can you come fix my computer" calls, and I don't have time to mess with my own, like I'd like.

By the way, I have asked for the No I won't fix your computer tshirt. And I have handed out "trial" distro's on cd and dvd.

< Previous Next >