Re: [SLE] Different Suse versions
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:11:15 +0100
On 04/04/06, Allen <slackwarewolf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sunday 02 April 2006 9:10 am, Kevanf1 wrote:
> > I believe the Eval does not refer to evaluation but to Enhanced Value.
> > That was what was written onthe SuSE/Novell website anyway. However,
> > this was some time ago that I read about it.
>
> The SUSE Eval CDs were evaluation copies.... Enhanced Value?...

Honestly, I did see those actual words on the official SSe site. I've
looked yesterday but cannot find them now. I also remember it being
referred to as 'Enhanced Value' in a Linux mag' but I forget which
one.

> > There is also SLICK or SUPER which is the community enhanced open suse
> > that has been tweaked for faster performance.
>
> Actually it was enhanced by people working on SUSE as a side project. As I
> understand it the main guy working on it is a staff member, not a community
> person who doesn't do it as a job.

It is recognised as a distinct distro though. Maybe it isn't strictly
SuSE anymore but it's as near as possible :-)

Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay