Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 21:22:36 -0700
> From: Allen <slackwarewolf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > On Tuesday 04 April 2006 12:32 pm, lerninlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > taking a couple of older ones, and trying things like Gentoo on them,
> > > so I learn more about how things work. As I am not sure what I know,
> > > and what distro's like Suse, help make easy for me.
> >
> > Why Gentoo? It's not even hard to install, if you want something that
> > REALLY makes you work try Detuxx, Linux from Hell. A gentoo fan boy I
> > know decided to try it and gave up.
>
> Simply to make me learn more of the command line, and text functions. Not
> to give myself a headache.
>
> I also want to expand out the other way, and run x remotely (not vnc).
>
> Just to learn.

By the way, not to take this too off-topic, but I just got the April
Linux-Magazine Pro and it includes the DVD for Mandriva One. They had shipped
Mandriva 2005 in the middle of last year.

I'll take it for a spin, as it is live.

--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.