Re: [SLE] Can a native 64-bit CPU run 32-bit code ?- clarification
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 23:18:32 -0400
On Saturday 15 April 2006 18:38, David Bottrill wrote:

> Providing you have any 32bit libraries you need installed then you can just
> prefix your program name with linux32
>
> for instance you can run bash in 32 bit by typing
>
> linux32 bash

As an aside to your reply to Maura; Could you elaborate some on compiling in
32 bit mode? eg: I would just do a ./configure linux32 abcd-1.2, or a
makeinstall linux32,

Or are you saying but "bash" in a 32 bit mode, then continue with your
compiling?

Please excuse my ignorance. I would like very much to compile some of my
programs to 32 bit on my 64 bit system.

Bob S.

> David
>
> --