Re: [SLE] Cut n Paste
  • From: ken <gebser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 04:19:48 -0400

Greg Wallace wrote:
> On Thursday, April 27, 2006 @ 7:55 PM, Steve Jeppesen wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:20:54 +0100
>>Matthew Stringer <qube@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>>For example I just went to www.topgear.com in Konq but it displays
>>>nothing as it's not a konq friendly site, so I copied the URL from
>>>the address bar and opened FireFox to paste the address there.
>>>However there's nothing in the clipboard to paste. Open another Konq
>>>and hit paste and it's there.
>>>
>>>I don't know why KDE apps and not KDE apps can't talk to each other a
>>>little better.
>
>>just to add to the list responders so far, it works for me also.
>
>>this part is what I love about Linux, to copy anything to the
>>clipboard, you just highlight it with your cursor. And to paste it,
>>just MMB - or middle mouse button click where you want to paste it.
>
> Wow! I had no idea that capability was there! Maybe I'm the last kid on
> the block to know about this one, but that's really slick.
>
>>Ctrl-c and Ctrl-v also works - same as M$.
>
> Greg Wallace

That functionality has been a part of X since at least '92. A couple
more nifty features for stuffing the clipboard:

- Double-click highlights a word.

- Triple-click highlights a whole line.

- Drag text from one window to another. E.g., double click on a word
here-- date for instance--, then use mouse-3 (commonly both mouse
buttons) to drag that word to a terminal window, then release it.

Enjoy.

--
"This world ain't big enough for the both of us,"
said the big noema to the little noema.