Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: David Wright <david.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:41:32 +0200
Am Samstag, 29. April 2006 06:32 schrieb Paul W. Abrahams:
> The default installation of SuSE printers uses A4 paper, which will cause
> your printer to hang up. It happened to me and it took a while to figure
> out what was going on. CUPS also has to be told (separately, I think) what
> the paper size is. For Americans, it should be letter size. The setting
> is in the filter parameters of the printer.
>
> Since I ask lots of questions, perhaps I can do a good turn for others
> here.
>
> Paul

That makes a refreshing change, after 25 years of Microsoft products
defaulting to US Letter and hanging everybody elses printers, sounds like you
are getting some of your own medicine back :-D

--
"I got to go figure," the tenant said. "We all got to figure. There's some way
to stop this. It's not like lightning or earthquakes. We've got a bad thing