Re: [SLE] Changing hardware IRQ's
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:34:43 +0100
On 29/04/06, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a 9.2 system here where the network card(Realtek 8139) and the
on-board sound have the same IRQ.

I know this because it is mentioned when I boot the machine on the
listing of the HDDs cofigured in the BIOS. In addition RTFM indicated
that the procinfo command shows the IRQs, relevant details pasted below:

irq 0: 1495304 timer irq 9: 690 uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd
irq 1: 1881 i8042 irq 10: 14983 eth0, Ensoniq AudioP
irq 2: 0 cascade [4] irq 11: 0 acpi
irq 3: 102 irq 12: 37136 i8042
irq 4: 8 irq 14: 13890 ide0
irq 6: 14 irq 15: 18097 ide1

I would like to move the Ensonique on-board sound device to another IRQ
but do not know how. What is the 'correct' IRQ for sound devices? I
think it was 15 but I would prefer to leave te ide items alone.

Would moving eth0 to a different PCI slot help?

I thought sound cards normally defaulted to IRQ5 You might be able to
change the IRQ settings through the BIOS. I seem to recall that on
some BIOS's the IRQs are locked down but can be altered.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay
Staffordshire