Re: [SLE] Is the hard disk full? Cause found
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:36:56 +0100 (CET)
>But I would simply switch to reiserfs. You said:
>
>> As the freedb database contains zillions of small files it
>
>That's perfect for reiserfs. Ideal for you ;-)
>
>At least, try, I'd like to know if the untarring runs faster on
reiserfs
>under the same conditions - I'm very curious, it should be
much faster ;-)

>- --
>Cheers,
> Carlos Robinson

Thanks!
I have formatted that partiton to reiserfs.
Untaring was MUCH faster. Not on the same computer, but on
another one 10-15 minutes vs. 6-8 hours.

I have two questions:
1. What about the block size on reiserfs? The default is 4096.
Should not I change to smaller value? Or on reiserfs this thing
works differently?
2. df and du gave different results for the filesystem (10 GB
partition). "df -h" said that the used space on the reiser was
2.5 GB and about 7 GB was free (available). However "du -sh
freedb" reported 7.5 GB. Why is this?

Thanks,
IG

Pénzügyi szolgáltatás és hiteligénylés interneten keresztül a nap 24 órájában
az [origo]-n. www.klikkbank.hu