Re: [SLE] Some Samba Client Issues
  • From: Michael W Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 06:52:49 -0500
On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 19:40:48 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>Hey,
>
> The reason I sent this was because I thought this was more of a common issue than anything else, and, I have seemed to get a more effective response from "flamers" than any other way.
>
> Here is the issue:
>
> YaST Firewall is blocking samba client. I need to know what settings/ports opened/other stuff that need to be changed in order to make this work, short of disabling the firewall.
>
> In general, I was pretty sure that this is something that everybody had to overcome in the first place, but apparently I was wrong

Well, my guess about the cause of your problem would have been wrong.
8-)> The ports you'll need to open, depending on the exact versions
of windows you're working wirh, are 137, 139, and 445. (137 and 139
are for pre-XP windows, including NT. 445 is for XP only, AFAIK.

Mike-
--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.