Adding a DVD Player to Commercial product
  • From: Steven Pasternak <stevenp500@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 21:17:14 -0500
Does anybody know why Novell won't add any kind of DVD support in even the commercial product? I mean, if I go out and pay money for the software, why can't it play DVDs. I understand why this is so for OpenSUSE, since it is free and all, but recompiling xine to have DVD support is becoming a real pain. I also like to use kaffeine, too, but even if xine likes DVDs, the kaffeine that came with SUSE 10 still won't play them! I heard that Novell might put all of the commercial stuff on a separate CD for 10.1, so why couldn't some DVD playing application be on it? I know that the license for DVDs gets in the way, but come on.
-Steven

< Previous Next >