Re: [SLE] Firefox going down or what?
On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 07:17 -0500, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 March 2006 02:08, Digvijoy Chatterjee wrote:
> > The Adobe acrobat documents dont open in Firefox , even after i have
> > linked the to the firefox plugins directory ( this i did as per
> > instrcutions frm the Firefox website)
> >
> > ANy pointers in this regard
> > Digz
> I don't know that this is what you've done, but just in case: You can't make
> these kinds of changes with Firefox running. Also, it used to be the case in
> earlier versions that you had to delete the file ~/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat for
> plug-in changes to take effect. This caused Mozilla and later Firefox to
> re-register the installed plug-ins.

SUSE 10 installs a plugin called something like dragonegg. It is the
culprit. Remove the package. To see the name, in the browser go to
about:plugins and look for a name like that, and then remove the rpm. As
I have already done this I do not have the exact name handy. After this,
PDFs work as expected. I did not have to play with links. Just install
acrobat and the reader plugin should be available. After removing the
offending package mentioned earlier.

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB
Ramböll Sverige AB