Re: [SLE] Firefox going down or what?
On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 07:17 -0500, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 March 2006 02:08, Digvijoy Chatterjee wrote:
> > The Adobe acrobat documents dont open in Firefox , even after i have
> > linked the nppdf.so to the firefox plugins directory ( this i did as per
> > instrcutions frm the Firefox website)
> >
> > ANy pointers in this regard
> > Digz
>
> I don't know that this is what you've done, but just in case: You can't make
> these kinds of changes with Firefox running. Also, it used to be the case in
> earlier versions that you had to delete the file ~/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat for
> plug-in changes to take effect. This caused Mozilla and later Firefox to
> re-register the installed plug-ins.

SUSE 10 installs a plugin called something like dragonegg. It is the
culprit. Remove the package. To see the name, in the browser go to
about:plugins and look for a name like that, and then remove the rpm. As
I have already done this I do not have the exact name handy. After this,
PDFs work as expected. I did not have to play with links. Just install
acrobat and the reader plugin should be available. After removing the
offending package mentioned earlier.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB