opensuse and ftp server
  • From: Matthias Titeux <matthias.titeux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:36:35 +0100
Hello,

I have been using SuSE since 7.2 and I never face a probleme like this. I
would like to apologize in advance if my question is stupid...and I have
googled a bit before asking !

I have configured a simple ftp server using vsftpd, opened the port 21 (both
tcp and udp) in Susefirewall and ...
I can connect but not obtain the directory list, unless i disable the
firewall. What is odd is that using the same configuration on a computer
running SuSE 9.2, the ftp server works fine.
If i connect to the computer using sftp (through ssh2), it is working.
The problem seems to start after the connection to the server when it entered
into the passive mode.
This hapens with 2 different computer running opensuse (1 x86_64 and 1 i386).
I don't understand the changes between SuSe 9.2 and opensuse in Susefirewall
which impair the ftp transfer.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you.

Matthias Titeux, PhD
Departement de génétique des maladies epithéliums
INSERM U563 - CPTP
Pavillon Lefebvre, 5ème étage
CHU Purpan
31059 Toulouse cedex 03