Apache2 problem
  • From: Alan Dowley <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 06:19:29 -0600
Hi all.

I have a virtual server setup and trying to add a second web site (virtual). I created a file with the following:

<VirtualHost www.mobilecomputerschools.ca:80>

ServerAdmin alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ServerName www.mobilecomputerschools.ca

DocumentRoot /var/www/mobilecomputerschools/
ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/mcs-error.log
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/mcs-custom.log combined

HostnameLookups Off
UseCanonicalName Off
ServerSignature On

<Directory /var/www/mobilecomputerschools/>
Options None
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

I have created the symlink and directory 'mcs' but when I restart the apache2 server I get the following error message:

Forcing reload of web server: Apache2Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/mobilecomputerschools/] does not exist
Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/mobilecomputerschools/] does not exist

Can anyone tell me what is causing this error.

This is my first attempt at setting up a virtual web site.

TIA

< Previous Next >