Re: [SLE] Apache2 problem
  • From: Bob Swift <bswift@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:49:43 -0700
On Thursday March 30 2006 05:19, Alan Dowley wrote:
> I have created the symlink and directory 'mcs' but when I restart the
> apache2 server I get the following error message:
>
> Forcing reload of web server: Apache2Warning: DocumentRoot
> [/var/www/mobilecomputerschools/] does not exist
> Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/mobilecomputerschools/] does not exist
>
> Can anyone tell me what is causing this error.

According to the error message, you don't have a
"/var/www/mobilecomputerschools/" directory. This is the "root" directory
for the files for the virtual web site. If the directory doesn't exist,
create it. If it does exist, check the permissions to make sure that Apache
can read it. There is a virtual hosts template file in /etc/apache2/vhosts.d
that you may want to look at. Also, I think you can do some of the setup
using YAST.

Here is an example of one that I have set up here for local web site
development work and testing.

---- snip ----

<VirtualHost *:80>
# YaST auto define section
<IfDefine SSL>
SSLEngine off
</IfDefine>
UseCanonicalName Off
DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs/MyWebs/test/
ServerName test.dev
ServerAdmin MyName@MyTestServer
ServerAlias test.dev *.test.dev
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/srv/www/htdocs/MyWebs/test/cgi-bin/"
# YaST created entry
<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/MyWebs/test/">
Options None
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all