Re: [SLE] Apache2 problem
  • From: Bob Swift <bswift@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:14:20 -0700
On Thursday March 30 2006 08:59, Alan Dowley wrote:
> Yes I created the directory before restarting the server.
> The following are the commands I used after creating the file.
>
> ln -s /etc/apache2/sites-available/mcs /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/msc

I assume the "msc" in the above line is just a type in the message.

> mkdir /var/www/mcs
>
> then restarted the server.
>
> running cd /var/www/mcs showed there was a directory created.

Okay, that looks like your problem. The actual directory you created
is /var/www/mcs, but the directory you've got in the Apache configuration
is /var/www/mobilecomputingschools. Try changing the lines in the Apache
configuration file to:

DocumentRoot /var/www/mcs/

and

<Directory /var/www/mcs/>