Re: [opensuse] Download DVD for 10.1, yes or no?
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 11:20:44 -0700
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Philipp Thomas wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 21:32:38 -0600, John Ahrends wrote:
> >decides he wants to impose some stupid NEW rules e-mail doesnt mean
> >I give a rats ass.
> Those rules, commonly known as netiquette, go back to the times when
> internet was a purely academic thing, i.e. they are roughly two decades
> old.

A bit older than that. It started with the OLD arpa NET from the DOD. To
allow the Universities and US Gov to interchange. It was done via modems
and I remember that we could do all the news groups on a 1200 Baud Modem.
That was the mid to late 70's. So that would be 3 decades. And it was
extremely bad ediquite to top post. I do not read a book from back to
front. So why would I do mail lists back to front. Just because MS can
not follow standards we have to put up with an entire un-educated MS
indoctrunated group that blindly follow MS and breaks the standards.

Please do not top post. It makes it hard to follow what is being said.

Thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>