Re: [opensuse] Download DVD for 10.1, yes or no?
On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 10:35:57AM -0600, John Ahrends wrote:
> that would be a neat trick to put the 5 iso images onto a DVD disc... boot
> from it and install SuSE.
>
> Is there some special magic you know about that I don't?

1) Please do not toppost. Please read
http://en.opensuse.org/Opensuse_mailing_list_netiquette

2) It would indeed be a need trick to put 5 ISOs (or 6 soon) on one DVD. I
use makeSUSEdvd for that.
I put the (softlinks to) the 6 CD's in one directory and run it with:
makeSUSEdvd -o ../dvd -a /usr/src/packages/RPMS/
That adds several RPMs I have on the DVD as well that are not available
anywhere else and can be installed during the installation.

> Who gives a flip what currency it is in?

The people taking the money. When you are talking about USD, you mostly
also talk about the US only. Many people live in places that do not have
the USD as a currency. Furthermore many of these places have TVA wich will
make the price you claim is possible not achievable.

> so it is *49.2650078 Euro
>
> http://www.outpost.com/entry?site=op:mfe031406&sku=4761159

That gives me a price of almost 60USD, not 39USD you claimed. A difference
of 50%. Also I would have I looked and was unable to see how I could order
it and what the price would be for me.

Prices for Belgium are around 50EUR
http://www.mpl.be/products.aspx?id=30&sid=195
YMMV

> Eitherway... put the dvd iso's up there and they will come.

Uhm. Nobody said they would not be put online, because they are. The ISOs
they put online are single layer ones. They contain the same as the 5 CDs.
However they are not available for Beta. I could even imagine that for
future beta's (10.2) only the 3 CD's will be online and the rest via FTP.
Or at least for the Alpha's and the first few Beta's. Only the last 2
Beta's and the RC could have 5(6) CD's online for testing purposes.

houghi