Share USB ports from a computer to other, Linux to Windows/Linux
  • From: Daniel Carvalho <danielscarvalho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 23:45:04 -0200
I have a Compaq notebook with Linux RedHat and Windows XP, with only one USB
port, and a desktop with SUSE 10 Linux, with 6 USB ports.

The issue is that, I broke the notebook unique USB port!!!

I found in a store a small device (USB by network) that can share any USB
device to the network (10/100).

And so, the crazy idea I have in mind now is: to share one of the 6 USB
ports from the SUSE desktop to my notebook with Windows and Linux RedHat.
Some thing like "USB by IP" protocol!!! :-)

Any body has a clue about it? does it make sense?
< Previous Next >