SuSe 10, ATI Radeon - no X.
  • From: "M. Todd Smith" <todd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 11:17:35 -0500
Hey all,

We got have a new box in the office that we are trying to load SuSe 10.0 on. It has a generic onboard ATI card (radeon VE), and after going through all the setup I can't for the life of me get X working.

Now I'm used to troubleshooting 3d problems with ATI cards, however I've never had a problem with ATI 2d on one of these machines. When I do 'init 5' the only error I see is

(EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid argument.
in the Xorg log.

Any attempt to start x results in the monitor going into powersave mode

I'd really like to get X working on this machine .. anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Todd
--

Systems Administrator