SPAM: RE: [SLE] SPAM:Reiserfs and ext2 system crash (late subject sorry!)
  • From: "Chadley Wilson" <chadley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:43:59 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: Leen de Braal [mailto:ldb@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: 20 February 2006 10:22 AM
To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [SLE] SPAM:

> Greetings,
>
> Has anyone experienced a sudden crash when using reiserfs on one partition
> and ext2 on another?

Never. I always have /boot in ext2 partition, everything else reiserfs

> Chad

Just weird, I was working in my music folder, and bang the system freezes.
With no option but to reboot I do so. All of sudden reiserfsck comes up and
says my file system is corrupt. Another message swears that it can't
identify my secondpartition. After hours of rescue disk effort, I have had
to start my box from scratch...
Both my reisefs and ext2 partitions are stuffed.

One question though, during setup the primary partition is reiserfs, the
yast partitioner makes the second partition ext2, I never noticed this until
this morning. Hence why the one partition was ext2 not also reiserfs. I went
through the setup twice to be sure. Is there a logical reason? Or is my copy
buggy? What bothers me is A) why not the same B) if there is reason to make
the second different, if so why not ext3 which is far safer than ext2..

(He scratches his head in a cloud of wonder ) :)

Thanks for the reply.
Chad