Re: harware compatibility
  • From: Nicola -kOoLiNuS- Losito <n.losito@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 01:17:01 +0100
I know I am a bit late but these are crazy days for me!

[jdd]
so may be the solution could be to keep _one_ low end
distribution downloadable and with at least security updates
for ten years.

[Carl-Daniel Hailfinger]
What about switching to SLES 9? It is very similar to SUSE
Linux 9.1 and has a much longer support period.

Well, maybe IF a CentOS like project starts over the opensuse community that dream could be true .... but 10 years seems a really long support period .... five or years I believe would be "fairer (?)" [don't know the right word]

--
.~. nicola -=kOoLiNuS=- losito
/v\

icq:62837984 jabber:koolinus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx