Re: [opensuse] harware compatibility
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:56:43 +0100
scsijon wrote:
> At 10:52 PM 15/02/2006, you wrote:

>> configuring the pcmcia, but not completely so I can't read
>> the cd and need to copy the cd content to the hard drive.
>
> Jean-Daniel, have you tried to contact the driver's creator via
> Freshmeat

no. it was not the main concern - coted only to give the
hole thing. In fact an other pcmcia cd works, so the problem
is probably a hardware problem and I wont bother the driver
programmer for an obsolete hardware.

and of course I work in console mode (no graphic needed at all).

one of the problems I had (I still work :-) is probably than
when making the partitioning of the disk it's probably not
possible to use any swap (seems logical), so yast is bounded
to the physical ram.

more later :-)

jdd

--