Re: [opensuse] Online Update/System Update.
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 01:45:41 +0100
Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
> Therefore I wonder, how large part of content is really changed? If it
> would be fairly easy adn possible to pack only the changes (upgrade
> part) on one single beta upgrade CD, it would have been much more
> attractive and saved a lot of time at downloading and installation upgrade.

There are delta files. If you have betaN, you can get the patch file,
run applydeltaiso on them (applydeltaiso <old iso image> <delta file>
<new iso image>) to get beta(N+1)

So if you have the beta 2 ISO images, you can go to (for example)

http://ftp.leo.org/mirrors/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1-OSS-beta3/delta-iso/

get the delta files, and you'll have beta 3

< Previous Next >