Re: [opensuse] harware compatibility
  • From: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:12:59 +0100
jdd schrieb:
> once installed, the console / yast version runs quite well
> on a mush less demanding system than the one advertised on
> the box. (-we should have an idea of the true limits to
> advertise them on the wiki).
>
> It seems than the install moment is crucial. If you pass the
> install, so far so good.

By having an uncompressed rootimage directly on CD, you
might save quite a bit of memory during installation.
A first rough estimate would be 60 MB less which could be
quite noticeable on older hardware. I could be wrong on this.

However, this makes it impossible to switch CDs before reboot.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--
http://www.hailfinger.org/