Re: [opensuse] question about opensuse/ppc
  • From: Sonja Krause-Harder <skh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:36:32 +0100
On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 10:21:39AM -0500, Joseph M. Gaffney wrote:
> Let me start off by saying I have minimal experience with the PPC end of
> SUSE...

The installation is less user friendly than on the mainstream
architectures, but once that's done it's just another linux with KDE.

What you may run into:

- no flash, no realplayer, no acrobat (use kpdf), no java plugin
- invest in a 2 or 3 button mouse (standard USB mice should work)
- when you do telephone support, be aware that the keyboard looks
differently ;-), and check if the keyboard shortcuts you want to be
available (if any) do actually work.

cheers,

Sonja

--
Sonja Krause-Harder (skh@xxxxxxx)
Research & Development SUSE Linux Products GmbH