Re: [SLE] dedicated hosting providers that offer SUSE 9/10?
  • From: "suse_gasjr4wd@xxxxxxx" <suse_gasjr4wd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:30:45 -0500
On 1/2/06 9:25 AM, "Per Jessen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Clayton wrote:
>
>>> GOdaddy.com offers hosting on linux but they don't specify which
>>> distro they use.
>>>

>> I use http://www.seanic.net for most of my external hosting, and they
>> offer Linux (but don't say which distro they are using)...
>
> Yeah, finding Linux hosting is of course not a problem, but I'm trying
> to avoid a management nightmare with debian here and fedora there etc.
> www.seanic.net seems to advertise redhat, but they don't seem to do
> dedicated servers.
>
> One of the best offers I've seen so far is at Strato in Germany - an
> Athlon64 +3200, 512M RAM, 2 x 80Gb drives, 1Tb traffic included - all
> for EUR49/month. With SUSE 9.3. Does anyone know of an even better
> deal anywhere? (with or without SUSE Linux)

Another place we use is westhost.
http://www.westhost.com/package-compare.html

They do Linux (not suse) but have a decent gui (it's all html). I haven't
had any issues with them yet.
I went with the "New Year Plus" deal...

Is that the only reason you want a "dedicated server"? For ease of
management? Why not "Virtual Private Server"?
...yea, I know the difference...

(no interest...just satisfied customer...)
--
Thanks,
George