Re: [SLE] dedicated hosting providers that offer SUSE 9/10?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:19:36 +0100
suse_gasjr4wd@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Is that the only reason you want a "dedicated server"? For ease of
> management? Why not "Virtual Private Server"?
> ...yea, I know the difference...

Well, the reason I'm looking for providers that offer SUSE 9/10 is
management, but the reason I'm looking for a dedicated server
(actually, I'm looking for 1+3) - is that I need the processing power,
plus the reliability that a professional datacenter can offer
(multi-homing, diesel-generators etc.)

A VPS might be just as good, but I feel more comfortable with a complete
box that I don't need to share with anyone. Does anyone know what
VPS's are typically hosted on? Large multi-processor boxes or?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

< Previous Next >