Re: [SLE] Edit/master a allready made ISO image?
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 10:25:02 -0500
On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 18:36 +0100, Rikard Johnels wrote:
> Hello all!
> I have tried to find a way to edit/change a allready made ISO.
> There are a few files i need to remove, rename and/or add.
> I have no access to the original "sourcetree", so i have to use the ISO as
> original.
>
> mc can "mount" the ISO, but it complains as i try to edit or rename.
> I tried to loop mount (mount -o loop <image> <mount point>
> but that mounts it read only.
>
> How can i change the filesystem and remake the ISO?
> Tried google, but couldnt find anything but a few Win programs...

I think what you need is more along the lines of what's needed to
create a live cd, so try googling that thread. Take your .iso and mount
it, then copy the image over onto your hd in a specific directory
eg /usr/local/remaster. Make your changes and then recreate the .iso
file. I'm pretty sure that you'll need to chroot so that
your /usr/local/remaster directory is the root for your cd image. This
is why I suggest you look up that thread and see how it needs to be
done. IIRC opensuse had the instructions on compiling a live CD so you
might want to try there first.