Re: [SLE] wireless problem <SOLVED> again
  • From: bernd <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 09:06:52 -0800
On Monday 02 January 2006 07:33, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Mon January 2 2006 10:23 am, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > The only time I have seen this problem is when there is both a
> > wired NIC and a wireless NIC in the same machine.   And the
> > network config really doesn't know which one should point to the
> > gateway.
>
> that might be the problem, eth0 is a wired LAN card, eth1 is the
> wireless. In my case ( at home) they should BOTH point to the
> gateway, because it is my wireless router, and that should be part
> of the wireless setup, or did it just ask for DHCP server.. now I
> forget..
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800

If it's a problem with which NIC is default on startup, right-click on
the kinternet icon then select settings>various settings>startup
(tab). From there you can select which NIC is default at startup.

Once you have the default NIC setup for startup, if you want to change
NIC's, just right click on the kinternet icon>interface and select
the interface you want to use at that time, and switch back anytime
for the other NIC.

Bernd

< Previous Next >