Re: [SLE] reiserfs is not trustworthy.
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:25:28 +0100
On Sunday 08 January 2006 19:13, kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I will not try to start another philosophical discussion on the best way
> things should work, but, if i delete a file, then clear out the trash bin,
> I would expect said file to be gone.

Am I right in guessing you are logged in as yourself but ran konqueror as
root, then tried to clear the trashcan from your own desktop?

If you run konqueror as root it will put it in root's trashcan. I hope you
don't mean all users should work with one global trashcan

> Having to play detective to find what occasionally really happens to a
> simple delete is not an indicator of a proper design, instead it points to
> a major KISS violation.

As far as I know, it's the way all major desktops work