Re: [SLE] Google toolbar -> Mozilla -> SeaMonkey
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:12:07 -0500
James Knott wrote:

> Felix Miata wrote:

> > Randall R Schulz wrote:

> > Only the name Mozilla has entered that stage. With its replacment name,
> > the version based upon the same Gecko 1.8 codebase as Firefox 1.5 is
> > scheduled for release this month.
> > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

> Geezzz!!! I hope they come up with a better name than Sea Monkey.

It's already carved in stone (one word).

> One thing that really bugs me about the Linux community is the way that
> what some individual considers to be a "cool" name or appearance gets
> imposed on saner minds.

SeaMonkey was Mozilla's code name ever since the beginning of Mozilla as
an open source project. The recent product renaming choice was made as a
result of a complicated and lengthy committee process that included
lawyer/copyright delays. This plus the complications of filename and
content changes in the code base itself plus some Mozilla Foundation
politics is why it wasn't ready when Firefox 1.5 was. 1.0b was released
19 Dec.
--
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." Psalm 33:12 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/

< Previous Next >