Email client capabilities, was: Signature police, was Schedule of releases
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:55:32 -0500
* Lester Caine <lester@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-21-06 03:10]:

> So returning to the subject slightly - do any of the eMail packages
> actually allow you to select 'sig' on a folder by folder basis. I use
> Moz1.7 myself and know that this is set globally for the account, but
> perhaps we should be pressing for more flexibility, so that sig's that
> are appropriate to the target audience can actually be managed.

Mutt has this capability.

> ( A Reply button that uses the list address rather than a personal one
> would be useful as well, along with selecting compose on a folder that
> is mark as an eMail list using automatically using that list address as
> well - selecting an appropriate sig would dovetail in with that - then
> we can work how we want to work rather than being further annoyed by
> what other people dictate :) )

Discussed MANY time on this list and explained in the help reply from the
list sig address and the welcome emai you received when subscribing (You
did read it?). And the email clients mutt and kmail both have the
capability of recognizing the presence of a list address and directly
replying to that address.