RE: [SLE] mail trail question
  • From: mlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:00:06 -0500
Sandy Drobic [mailto:suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
said a bunch of stuff that I'll try when I get home, then
spotted the dumb, ungrammatical bumpf, pseudo-legalese that
my company attaches to all outgoing email and suggested:
[...]
> > The information contained in this electronic mail
> transmission may be privileged and confidential, and
> therefore, protected from disclosure. If you have received
> this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
> replying to this message and deleting it from your computer
> without copying or disclosing it.
>
> I hate to inform you that the mails you send to this list are being
> archived in a searchable database, that is also regurlarly
> queried for
> addresses by spammers. If that disclaimer is necessary for
> you then you
> should probably not post to the list anymore...

This ID is called mlist because it's reserved for list-only mail. I'm a
member of about a dozen lists that relate (to some extent) to my job. The
[SLE] list is actually a bit of a stretch, because our prodcts support
RedHat, but I run SuSE at home exclusively, and sometimes on my work
machines (when I don't absolutely have to have RH). My "real" everyday mail
address, here at the office, is derived from my name and handled separately.
Apparently the corporate spam control is pretty decent, as I rarely get spam
on either account. Of course, I never know if that's accomplished by
throwing a lot of legitimate mail into the spam compactor.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must respond to this nice lady who needs my
assistance to get her late husband's fortune out of a certain African
country... :-)

Kevin