Re: [SLE] WinScp
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:10:23 +0000
Erik Jakobsen wrote:
Did you read my website with the screendump?.

Yes, I saw your screen dump. That's from YaST's System/System Services (Runlevel) screen, isn't it? The asterisk is worrying. What about YaST's Security & Users/Firewall screen? Does that say Start Firewall when booting or manually? Is the current status running or not? Is the Stop Firewall Now button enabled? If so, press it!

The xinetd is not started, and cannot be. I do the Firewall and xinetd
start/stop from the Yast System System Services.
I take it these comments refer to the problem system? So you're saying
that if you type
ps -fe | grep xinetd

This is from the ok system:

ps -fe | grep xinetd
root 9177 9155 0 11:27 pts/3 00:00:00 grep xinetd

Hmm, if you're not running xinetd on the ok system then you don't need it on the other system either, I guess. So that leaves the firewall.

As some of the files are huge, and I'm not the best to figure out what
has relation to the problem, I'm afraid of sending the files here.

Let's see what you find on the Firewall screen first. If that doesn't fix the problem, you can send me the files directly.

Cheers, Dave