Re: [opensuse] undelete files that were deletet with "rm"?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:00:18 +0100
> I just wanted to type "rm *~" to kill the backup files in my folder. > Accidently, I slid of the key and mistyped the command. So it became
"rm *"
> an all my data is los. Under MS-DOS there is a command called "undelete"
> which one can use to recover data. How is the command under Suse
> Linux 10.0?

What file system are you using? Reiser? If you're using Reiser, you
might be totally out of luck.... especially if you've done ANYTHING else
on that partition that has done drive writing.

Here are two possible solutions... no guarantees that they will work...

http://www.goldfisch.at/knowledge/326
http://www.antrix.net/journal/techtalk/reiserfs_data_recovery_howto.comments

C.