Re: [SLE] Trouble installing src.rpm
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 00:51:16 -0500
On Tuesday 06 December 2005 07:07 pm, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 December 2005 00:45, Susemail wrote:
> > In this case it didn't install in these directories or anywhere
> > else according to locate and manual inspection.
> > In any case should'nt ' rpm -i
> > /home/myhome/bin/MySQL-5.0.16-0.src.rpm' have built and installed
> > the rpm with dependencies?
>
> No. That's not the way src.rpm works. You have the source files
> in /usr/src/packages/SOURCES and the spec file in
> /usr/src/packages/SPECS. If manual inspection didn't show this, then
> you didn't do it right, because that is where they will be after you
> install a src.rpm

As a slight aside to this question; I recently tried to do an install of
an .src and it failed for dependencies. Yet the SOURCES and SPECS for
that rpm were found in those respective files. I guess they are useless
to me and I could just go in and delete them, no? I also have a ton
of files in SOURCES from previous builds. I guess they could be deleted
also, right?

And, if I do a rebuild of an .src file and it is successful I would find
it in the SRPMS directory, right?

Have more questions but I am old and confused and it is very late.

Bob S.