mencoder dvds ripped won't play in windows
  • From: Chadley Wilson <chadley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:04:53 +0200
Greetings,

I am just curious, what codecs do I need to play back dvds ripped with
mencoder, and where do I get them..

Windows media player says it can't locate a suitable codec for play
back.

I assume there is something fishy with the way I rip the dvd, it does
play fine in kaffiene.

Here is the command I use...(line probably wrapped)
mencoder dvd:// -dvd-device /dev/cdrecorder -o movie.avi -oac copy -ovc
lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1800

Any clues will be greatly appreciated...

THANKS

Chadley