Re: [SLE] Uninstalling SuperKaramba from SUSE 10
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 13:02:49 +0100
> Not paranoid. SuperKaramba started downloading one of its applets. Threw up an
> error.

Then stop SuperKaramba. If I remember right it's started and runs in
the background - and has a little blue icon in the Kicker Panel. If you
exit the app, and tell it not to start next time, it'll stay tucked away
and not do strange things on you... like any other app that is not
running :-)

> strict with this, but Linux often does not allow me as much freedom with this
> matter. Please see my other post asking how to separate one application from
> a package.

Simplest answer is to build your own packages. If you want to use
pre-built packages you get what in the package/meta-package. I haven't
discovered a way to selectively install individual apps from an RPM package.

You could also look into Klik.... there's been a lot of talk about using
Klik on the OpenSUSE mailing list, and there is a bit of info on it on
the OpenSUSE.org website. Klik might be an alternative for you to using
RPMs.

> BTW how did you know that it's under kdeutils, when it is not listed there
> under the YaST description field?

I used rpm -qf 'which superkaramba' This returns the package name that
contains the app.

If you use rpm -qif <application_name> you get loads of information on
the package and app.

C.

< Previous Next >