Re: [SLE] mencoder dvds ripped won't play in windows
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:31:43 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2005-12-07 at 14:16 -0000, Kevanf1 wrote:

... (clipped)

> My whole point is that being as it is a Windwoes issue then somebody
> on a Windwoes forum may know more than us. Would you ask the members
> of a Windwoes forum or list why something wouldn't play back in Linux?
> I'm certainly not berating Chadley just trying to be constructive in
> offering a better field of information.

I'd think that it is easier to find linux users that know something of
windows, than the reverse ;-)

I think it is a proper, though perhaps barely proper, question to ask
here. The dvd was created in Linux, so I think there might be some one
here that knows why it doesn't play in windows, or have a clue. Many of us
use both systems.

On the other hand, I think not a single of my "windows only" friends would
know, and would say something on the line of "that's what comes out of
using that..." etc. :-p

About the OP question, sorry, I don't know. But I'm interested :-)

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >