Re: [SLE] Yast2 FTP access to rpms and SUSE 10.0
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 19:42:03 -0800
On Tuesday 06 December 2005 06:05 pm, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> With earlier SUSE versions I have added the online FTP server to my
> list of install servers and downloaded individual RPMs from there. I
> find this easier than having to get out the CDs/DVD.
>
> With 10.0, I have not figured out how to do this.
>
> Specifically, I want to add xfsdump and any dependencies to one of my
> machines. What online repository has the full set of normal rpms in
> it?

I'll second this question. I have the DVD handy, but would like to not need it
to install. I currently have in addition to the guru and packman sources..

/suse/i386/10.0/SUSE-Linux10.0-GM-Extra/
/suse/i386/current/inst-source-extra

Now, according to the suse website, I can add three repositories to get all.
but I can't find these:

<quote>
There are three installation sources that can be added which will give you
almost everything the boxed version has to offer. Depending on the mirror you
are using, the first part may be different. The directories are:

* opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source
* opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source-java
* suse/i386/10.0/SUSE-Linux10.0-GM-Extra
</quote>

--
kai
www.perfectreign.com

linux - genuine windows replacement part