Re: [SLE] Yast2 FTP access to rpms and SUSE 10.0
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 18:40:17 -0500
On 12/8/05, Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 December 2005 06:05 pm, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> > With earlier SUSE versions I have added the online FTP server to my
> > list of install servers and downloaded individual RPMs from there. I
> > find this easier than having to get out the CDs/DVD.
> >
> > With 10.0, I have not figured out how to do this.
> >
> > Specifically, I want to add xfsdump and any dependencies to one of my
> > machines. What online repository has the full set of normal rpms in
> > it?
>

> I'll second this question. I have the DVD handy, but would like to not need it
> to install. I currently have in addition to the guru and packman sources..
>
> /suse/i386/10.0/SUSE-Linux10.0-GM-Extra/
> /suse/i386/current/inst-source-extra
>

> Now, according to the suse website, I can add three repositories to get all.
> but I can't find these:
>
> <quote>
> There are three installation sources that can be added which will give you
> almost everything the boxed version has to offer. Depending on the mirror you
> are using, the first part may be different. The directories are:
>
> * opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source
> * opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source-java
> * suse/i386/10.0/SUSE-Linux10.0-GM-Extra
> </quote>
>
> (sorry if this is a repost - I sent it yesterday originally and haven't seen
> it yet)
> --
> kai
> www.perfectreign.com

Kai,

I still don't know about a way to get this from Yast, but the APT
repositories seem complete. If your running the GUI, Paul Cartwright
recommended smart to me and it works very well. smart even knows
about the basic apt channels, so you don't have to know any urls after
you get it installed.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer